US Virgin Islands
[singlepic id=4817 w=180 h=40 mode=web20 float=left]Good morning! This is Alex Randall with Good News Headlines
OK, That Storm is Over. NEXT…
OK, Schools are open, Airport’s open, the ports are open. School is open on St. Croix. All day care and pre-schools have reported that they are open. All Saints called to say they are open as well as other private and parochial. American and Delta airlines are back in full schedule.
The primary election has been rescheduled for Saturday. Same election, same polling places, new date. The hours will be 7 AM to 7 PM.
Ship Schedule Changing
Sovereign of the Seas isn’t here today, next visit on the 18th. Sea Breeze isn’t coming tomorrow. But, the good news is that Fascination and Cunard Countess are coming on Friday. And Fascination will be back on Sunday too.
The Federation of Business and Professional Women Clubs report that in the last election only 45% of eligible women voted. This year is the 75th anniversary of women’s suffrage and in honor of the struggle to get the vote, all women are reminded that your votes will tip the balance in the coming elections.
Virgin Islands Victory Partnership is looking for non profit agencies to submit proposals for alcohol, tobacco and drug prevention programs. Grants range from $500 to 10,000. Applications will be available on Monday Call 773-9900.
Licensing and Consumer Affairs Exams
Licensing and Consumer Affairs reminds you of these upcoming dates: The Real Estate Appraisers Exam is coming up on Sept. 19th. The Real Estate Exam is scheduled for Sept. 26th. The deadline to apply for the CPA Exam is Sept. 17th and the deadline to apply for the Plumbing and Electrical Exam is Friday the 27th.
Steel Band Opening
The All Stars Steel Band needs new players and you don’t need to know anything to join. That’s good. If you always wanted to be in a steel band, then call 776-3052
Good News Weather:
Today we will have variable cloudiness with a 50% chance of rain. High 85 to 90. Wind out of the SE at 15 with gusts. Tropical Storm Fausto is not coming here. It’s off Mexico. We’ll keep you posted.
- Mr. Beazer reminds all elementary flag football players that the first meeting is today at Dober at 3 PM.
- Residents of Pollyberg Gardens are meeting at 6 PM in front of Building One of Pollyberg Gardens.
- St. Thomas East Lions meeting at Anna’s Retreat Senior Center at 7 PM.
- Ivanna Eudora Kean School Class of 1987 will meet at 7 PM at McDonalds at Tutu Park Mall.
- St. Thomas Swimming Team meeting is postponed until Monday Sept. 16th.
- Orientation for Renaisance Grand Employees scheduled for Tuesday has been rescheduled for Thursday at 9 AM in the Ballroom. Today’s orientation has been rescheduled for Friday.
On the sore spots report,
There’s an electrical pole at the corner of Cabrita Point Rd and Bluebeard’s Beach Road in East Nazareth leaning badly. It needs guy wires or it could fall. Can WAPA get this fixed?