US Virgin Islands
[singlepic id=4817 w=180 h=40 mode=web20 float=left]Good morning! This is Alex Randall with Good News Headlines
The Teachers are thinking of Montserrat today.
The teachers are thinking about Montserrat today. The Teachers Federation is hosting Aid to Montserrat Teachers Day with all proceeds going to benefit teachers on Montserrat.
Anita Plaskett – I Quit!
With all the confusion over the last days of school, graduation dates, and who works when, Anita Plaskett has called it quits as Superintendent of the St. Croix schools. There was no immediate comment from the Dept. of Education on her replacement.
Antilles School Award
Speaking of teachers, Antilles School representatives will be in Washington DC tomorrow to receive their Blue Ribbon Prize. To win the award, the school must show that they have policies, programs, and practices that foster the development of sound character, a sense of self worth, democratic values, ethical judgement and self discipline. Antilles is only one of 8 schools in all of America to have blue ribbons for both the lower and upper school.
Gas prices are up nationwide and here too. There are ways you can save gas. Drive slower, 35 MPH costs less than higher speed. Don’t sit and idle. If you are stopped for more than 30 seconds. Stop the engine. Make sure your car is tuned up and check your tires. Fully inflated tires cost less gas to move.
Lottery Prizes Up
They are adding more prizes to the lottery. Alex Dizon announced that there are 60 new prizes of $200 each added to the current lottery. The June 13th lottery grand prize is worth a million dollars to the one winner. There are now more than 4,000 prizes in this drawing.
Real Estate Deals
Are real estate prices good for buyers. According to the Daily News, prices of real estate in the Virgin Islands have fallen, and while it is bad news to the sellers, the buyers have an excellent selection of properties to choose from. Now is the time to move up to a better house, because they are being rebuilt better than before and prices are bound to rise in the future.
- Political candidates have a workshop on Disclosure and Limitations in the Campaign Contributions Law. That’s today at 9 AM at 22 Crystal Gade St. Thomas. Tomorrow at Sunny Isle Shopping Center Annex St. Croix on.
- Horse owners: Stable fees are due every month beginning June 1 at the office of Housing Parks and Recreation.
- Parents of Berthe C. Boschulte School are reminded that 7th graders have no classes until Thursday.
- Parents of 9th, 10 and 11 grade students attending CAHS meet Tuesday at 5:30 at the school auditorium.
- Plumber Association 5:30 at petite pump room
- Central High School Class of 81 meeting at Midland Restaurant at 7 PM for networking and reunion planning. 778-1015
Alpha Kappa Alpha
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority was the first Greek letter service sorority in the UVI St. Thomas Campus and they have been commended by the governor and the president of UVI for their dedication to service to families and children with new and innovative programs to improve the quality of life for local citizens. That’s good news.