US Virgin Islands
[singlepic id=4817 w=180 h=40 mode=web20 float=left]Good morning! This is Alex Randall with Good News Headlines
Fire Under Control
There was a fire at Bovoni landfill yesterday as a pile of cars burned for hours. It burned most of the day and involved all active and off duty fire fighters. It sent a plume of smoke so high that people from Hull bay called to ask about it. Public works says that nothing toxic is burning despite the thick smoke, it is not toxic materials.
Commission on Education Law
The Governor signed bill 21-156 into law creating the Commission on Education. He has questioned paying commission members $50 per meeting. He reminded senators not to tap the Internal Revenue Matching Fund since these funds are pledged to pay for bond issues.
The Youth Symposium is happening at Frenchman’s Reef this weekend. Senator Lorraine Berry reminds you that guest speaker Brenda Muhammad is a trailblazer of implementing violence prevention programs. The Black History Month essay contest winners will be honored.
FEMA graduates 44
Forty-four people have completed FEMA’s training program in building safer, smarter and stronger after taking the classes in St. Croix at the vocational technical high school. The 44 included school students, builders, homeowners and home designers.
CAHS Art Department is hosting some visiting artists for a series of workshops and demonstrations at the art complex at the old Jefferson School Annex starting March 25th.
Cobex Internet puts Good News Headlines on the Internet. You can get full Internet access for only $29.00 per month. Today’s web site to see is www.house.gov that’s the US House of Reps. Call 776-4800
Gypsy Troupe meeting at 5;30 at American Legion Hall in Subbase CAHS Class of 86 is meeting at Dober Elementary at 5:50
Coming this Weekend:
- Einstein is at the Reichhold Center Saturday at 8 PM.
- The Kean Alumni Fun Day is Saturday at Al McBean Center in Old Tutu. There’s games and fun for whole family. Come see the basketball game between CAHS alumni team vs. Kean Alumni. That’s 10 Am til the food runs out.
- Saturday is Father and Sons Night for the Lockhart Elementary School from 4 to 8 PM at the Winston Raymo Recreational Center. With lots of games and fun.
- AARP is meeting Saturday at St Andrews Hall at 1:30 with Dr Cora Christian talking about Breast Cancer.
- There’s a Bicycle Rally Sunday at Tutu Mall starting at 1 PM. There are races, rallies, prizes and a bicycle raffle. You can register your bike too… For safety. Brought to you by the Police Dept. Crime Prevention Program.
- The League of Women Voters is meeting Monday at noon at L’Escargo. Anna May Comment will speak about Dealing with a Community in Crisis.
Nigel Griffin is going to Mexico. The Ivanna Eudora Kean student won the Junior Travel Award sponsored by the National Spanish Honor Society. Nigel had to write a winning essay, tape record an introduction, and write the transcript. Nigel did it in Spanish. Better Spanish than thousands of American Spanish students. He’s taking his mother and his teacher to Mexico with him. That’s Nigel Griffin’s good news.