US Virgin Islands
[singlepic id=4817 w=180 h=40 mode=web20 float=left]Good morning! This is Alex Randall with Good News Headlines
There are Special Treats for the Best of the Best.
What is the payoff for all the studying and learning? The students who worked their way to the top got a taste of life at the top. The Governor and his wife threw a barbecue and pool party for all the salutatorians and valedictorian from the graduating classes yesterday. They all got certificates and some gifts from the governor who saluted the vals and sals as the top of the top.
Who Own’s St. Croix Park?
It is the next step in the governments effort to take control of the St. Croix park site. Congressman Victor Frazer has instroduced a bill in Congress to transfer control of the property to the Virgin Islands Government rather than the Park Servce. The Park service said they will fight the transfer.
Hess is going to overhaul its fluid catalytic cracking unit. Texas firm Brown and Root will be the lead contractor and there are over 500 subcontracts for electricians, pipefitters, welders, mechanics, millwrights and boilermakers. That’s 500 jobs opening up
Jr. Statesmen Get Grant
The Rotary Club Charlotte Amalie made a donation of $750 toward the Antilles School Jr. Statesmen program. That will ehlp send students to Stanford, Yale and Georgetown for Jr Statesman training.
Bovoni Respiratory Clinic
Dept. of Health is opening a respiratory clinic for residents of the Bovoni area. The clinic will open on Wednesday in the Tutu Mall 9 to noon Mon. to Friday.
Here’s good news, Planning and Natural Resources is going to hold a Environmental Protection Agency workshop on How to Apply for a Grant. That’s on Thursday from 9 AM to noon at Licensing Building in Subbase.
On Today’s Calendar:
- Hug A Bunch is meeting at Bellows at 6 PM about the St. John Carnival.
- Disaster Housing Program is meeting at Schnieder Hospital Cafeteria at 6 PM.
- Cooperative Extension has a class on how to apply pesticides for home owners That’s at New House tomorrow at 9:30 AM
- Veterans councilor is in St. Thomas on Thursday and on St. Croix on Friday.
- Upcoming: VITELCO is sponsoring their fifth year of free tennis education for boys and girls ages 8 to 18 at Stouffer’s Hotel. VITELCO is providing rackets and balls Call 775-4520 and sign up. It’s from July 1 to July 26th. I said it is free, cmpliments of VITELCO
Post No Bills
Did you know it is illegal post signs on trees, electrical poles, street lights, road signs, public buildings parks, monuments. Public Works reminds you they can fine you $50 for each violation, so help the islands beautiful. Every sign has the a name of its organization or other sponsor. So the violators are easy to trace.