US Virgin Islands
[singlepic id=4817 w=180 h=40 mode=web20 float=left]Good morning! This is Alex Randall with Good News Headlines
Another 310 New Citizens Today
There is a ceremony this morning at 10 AM in which the Dept of Immigration and Naturalization will issue the oath of citizenship to 310 new citizens. That’s at CAHS. All guests please be there by 10 AM. Welcome aboard to the new citizens.
Lloyd’s Pays 200 Million
Lloyd’s of London said they have paid out $200 million in storm claims in the US Virgin Islands. And expect to pay out about a quarter of a billion dollars before its over. The total from all insurers is 646 million so far, and Lloyds say they have paid a third of the total. And they say they are sound and solvent.
A dozen Virgin Islands students are going to take part in the first international fencing tournament in the Virgin Islands with teams coming from Guadaloupe and St. Croix to compete. That’s on Saturday at 10 AM at the Ivanna Eudora Kean School Auditorium.
The dept of Tourism has a new destination video out about our islands. With lots of upbeat messages about vactioning. The 12 minute video features the Atlantis Submarine, seaplanes, Paradise point tramway, forts, ferries, hydrofoils and horse back riding. With music is by the Rising Stars.
Please Be Careful
Oh, and this reminder. We have very dry conditions. No burning is permitted and please be careful with anything that might start a fire.
- There is a luncheon today at Victor’s New Hideout at noon for the sportsmen of Antilles, All Saints, Peace Corp Dober and Jane E Tuitt today
- Assoc of Caribbean Organizations is meeting 6PM at Victor’s New Hideout
- Tomorrow Shiloh Seventh Day Adventist Youth Society will present a musical program on Sat at 4:30 That’s at the church across from the fire staiton in Tutu.
- Antigua Barbuda Heritage Link, you are meeting at 8PM Sat at American Legion Hall in Subbase
- Sen Lorraine Berry reminds you that the Frenchtown Community center is holding the 1996 French Heritage Pagent at 6:30 Saturday with 6 contestants for the Miss French Heritage title.
- Saturday there’s the Pump up the Volume Car Stereo Competition at noon at Lionel Roberts Stadium
I want to share my good news. I lost a lot of my roof and gutters in the storm, the earthquake cracked my cistern and drained it. On Emancipation Day I took the last piece of FEMA tarp off my roof, and on Independence Day Eddies Water filled my repaired cistern. On Independene Day I took part of that FEMA tarp and cut it into a flag and ran it up the flagpole.