US Virgin Islands
[singlepic id=4817 w=180 h=40 mode=web20 float=left]Good morning! This is Alex Randall with Good News Headlines
The Antilles School has been selected for a second time to receive the prestigious Blue Ribbon of Excellence Award
indicating that it is one of the 100 best schools in America. The Upper School won the award while three years ago, the lower school won. Antilles is one of only 9 independent schools in America to win the award.
Here’s another first.
Frenchman’s Reef Hotel is a winner. Corporate Meeting and Incentive Magazine voted Frenchman’s Reef to their Paragon Award showing that the 36,000 readers of the magazine consider Frenchman’s Reef – the best.
If you lost your job because of the hurricane,
the law says you are first in line to be rehired to your old job and you come back at your old status and pay scale too.
Be careful before you sign any documents from your insurance company.
Senator Hansen notes that some people are settling for less the full value of their claim and are being asked to waive their rights to their full claim. Read it before you sign and if you are not certain get advice.
The Governor and Senator Liburd spent Sunday on St. John.
They are looking into how to create more St. John specific programs and projects. The topics included affordable housing, building a Community Center and adding services like police and fire protection to the east end of St. John.
There is a new campaign to clean up hazardous waste on St. Croix.
Starting tomorrow, Tuesday the 13th, you can take hazardous waste to the Dept. of Public Works in Anna’s Hope.
Carnival is coming!
the Carnival Committee is choosing a Prince and Princess. The Competition deadline is This Thursday. Pick up an applicaiton at Daniel’s Variety Store. Or Call Helen Gabriel at 774-0549
- Senator Osbert Potter reminds us that reading for children has started again on Wednesdays at 3 PM at the Enid M. Baa Childrens Library.
- The Inner Wheel Club is meeting today at 6 PM at Tickles in the Sub Base. St. Thomas.
- St. John Chamber of Commerce is meeting today at Frenchman’s Reef for a forum on the State of the Virgin Islands Economy. That’s today at noon.
- The Plumbers Exam is scheduled for Thursday at 8:30 AM.
- The Electrician’s Exam is Wednesday at 9 AM.
- St. Croix Democratic are holding their meeting on Tuesday at 5:30.
- The Plumbers Association is meeting on Tuesday at 6 PM at the Petite Pump Room.
- The Red Cross Blood Drive is coming on February 26th. Last year we collected 976 pints and this year’s goal is to hit the 1000 pint level. Donating blood is good news for everyone. The life you save may be your own.
Remember, it’s your good news. You tell us, & we’ll tell everyone.