US Virgin Islands
[singlepic id=4817 w=180 h=40 mode=web20 float=left]Good morning! This is Alex Randall with Good News Headlines
Beach Cleaning Going On
The Florida Caribbean Cruise Association is here today with 150 members of the crew from the Costa Romantica, the Norway and the Star Princess. They are all at Magens Bay to work with our DPW crews cleaning the beach. Transport is being provided by the Taxi Association. Commissioner Ann Abramson thanks all the crews and the public citizens who came forward to help.
Meet the Police
The police are inviting you to a meeting to get to know them better. If you live in the Hospital Grounds, Black Beards, Blue Beards, Polyberg, Estate Thomas, Sugar Estate, Long Park, Garden Street, French Town, Litton Fancy, Agnes Fancy, Savan, Solberg or Border Gade then come to a special meeting April 11 at 7 PM at the Police Command by the Ft Christian Parking Lot. The police want to take the opportunity to build a better understanding with you, build trust, respect, exchange ideas, form a partnership and bond with you. Expect more of these meetings.
Virgin Islands Business and Professional Women have a scholarship competition going on. Applications are available from Yvonne Wells at 693-5270 and the deadline is April 15th µ And Ivanna Eudora Kean School Literary Club has a writing content for fiction and poetry. Submit entries to your English teacher by April 17th. And thanks to American Eagle, Smiths Ferry, Victor’s New Hideout, Pueblo and Chase for supporting the contest.
Weather: Clear with 90% chance of sunshine. There may be some haze from the eruption of the volcano on Monserratt. Winds southeast at 5 to 10 knots.
- Downstreet People meeting this evening at 5:45 at the Labor Dept.
- Building. Assoc. of Caribbean Organizations is meeting at 6 at Percy’s Am
- Cancer Society has a matinee movie at Cinema One for senior citizens at 2 PM.
- Watersports Activities Committee is planning water activities for carnival at 6 PM
- CAHS Class of 66 meeting at 5:30 at Windward Passage
- Caribbean Executive Women’s network announces a networking meeting Thursday at 5:30 at St. Thomas Hospital Board Room. Call Virginia Monsanto 776-2035
- HRM is holding its eleventh meeting for people who want the government contractor to repair their homes. Meeting at 7th Day Adventist Church in Tutu at 6 PM tomorrow.
Remember we told you about Nigel Griffin? He won the Spanish Honors Society award, one of 11 to win such an award? Well Nigel has his prize trip to Mexico, but the prize didn’t cover airfare from here to the gateway city. We have to help cover almost $1500 of expenses. WSTA is going to contribute Nigel’s airfare to Chicago. We are asking someone or some company to come forward to help put Nigel over the top. This is a high honor for Nigel. We need to send one of our best to his proper rewards.
Back to the homepage.