US Virgin Islands
[singlepic id=4817 w=180 h=40 mode=web20 float=left]Good morning! This is Alex Randall with Good News Headlines
Stop the Violence Month
Governor Schneider proclaimed April as Stop the Violence Month. He cited the need to highlight violence in the territory as well as in the nation and the world. He also saluted the law enforcement agencies and those who counsel the victims of violence.
Bomb was False Alarm
The good new is that the bomb scare at the airport yesterday was a false alarm. The airport received three faxed messages threatening that a bomb was at the airport. The same threat came to this station, and the Daily news. But htere was not bomb. Police are investigating the origins of the fax.
There are some new jobs opening as Hurricane Recovery Managers is hiring locals to do important work in the governments recovery effort. HRM’s programs are quite extensive and they anticipate hiring more people with the right qualifications. There are openings for contract administrators and project facilitators.
No Alcohol for Good Friday
All vendors of alcohol are reminded that sale of distilled alcoholic beverages is prohibited on Friday from 9 AM until 4 PM. Schools are closed Friday, but they will be open on Monday. Vitelco is closed on Friday
Good News Maker
Today’s Daily News highlights the carear of Richard Sparky Thomas, who treats his passengers to good old fasshion hospitality and good humor. Sparky’s story is all about how one man can set the mood of our visitors and reassure them that the few bad stories they read do not reflect the real St. Thomas that we all know and love. That’s Sparky Thomas making good news for all of us.
- It is Easter weekend and the calendar is full of special events.
- The First lady is hosting an Easter egg hunt on Saturday. The first is at 9 Am at the Battery on St. John, then at 1 o’clock at Central High School St. Croix, then at 2 PM at CAHS.
- East End Lions are holding an Easter egg hunt on Sat at Tiny Tot Playground in Smith Bay at 10 AM.
- St. John Lions have a food sale on Saturday at 9 AM at Cruz Bay Park
- Retired Police are meeting at 10 AM Saturday at Percy’s Bus Stop.
- There’s a prayer rally against violence Saturday at 7 AM at Emancipation Garden sponsored by Alive in Christ Ministries.
- Elskoe Troupe has a food sale at Ft Christian Parking Lot at 11 AM on Saturday. Come support Elskoe.
- Sunday Senator Gomez reminds you of the Easter Bonnet Parade at the Legislature building Sunday at Noon. There’s a luncheon and its free to senior citizens. The parade winner gets a free round trip to Miami.
Senator’s Greetings for Easter
Finally, Senator Bellardo De O’Neal extended her best wishes to the people of the Virgin Islands for a safe, happy and peaceful celebration of Easter. She called for a return to the teachings of the Bible and practice those intrinsic values of Love, kindness and thoughtful consideration of one another. Senator Petrus asks everyone to reflect on and implement love, peace, forgiveness, meekness, temperance and other principals of Christian Faith.